Pocket Metal Detector with On-board Printed Coil D.I.Y. Kit
This kit is a low-power metal detector. It is designed to function using simple electronic components. This metal detector benefits from an internal coil embedded into the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) which makes it a better option in terms of ease of handling compared to the traditional versions with a copper coil hanging off the side.
This kit can be used in a variety of personal or educational applications while also being a simple soldering project for beginners. For example, in order to safely drill into a wall, a metal detector such as the AK-285 kit can be used to locate unknown metallic objects such as electric wires, ethernet cables, gas or water pipes.
This is a D.I.Y. kit that requires soldering through-hole components on a double-sided printed circuit board. It is designed for users with minimal soldering tools and skills. You must insert the components on one side of the board and solder the leads on the opposite side. The assembly process should take anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes.
- Required Input Voltage: 3 – 5VDC
- Current: ≈ 10mA
- Maximum Detection Range: 5cm ( ≈ 2” )
- Best Detection Range: 2cm ( ≈ 25/32” )
- PCB Dimensions: 66 x 61mm ( 2.6x2.4” )
Advantages and Features:
- Easy to assemble and use
- Easy to handle
- Affordable price
- Small and lightweight package
- Can be powered up using commonly available batteries
- Low potential for electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage due to lack of IC components
- User-friendly PCB layout with precise silkscreen labelling
- Warning buzzer
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Can be turned ON/OFF using the battery holder switch