The Peak Atlas UTP05 is a portable network cable analyser.
The Atlas IT has always been a fabulous tool for identifying and analysing Cat5/5e/6 (RJ45) based network cables, sockets and patch panels.
Now this instrument features new intelligent software that can identify cable configurations even if there are faults in the cabling. It will even tell you the differences that it has detected between your faulty cable and the intended cable configuration.
Simply connect one end of your network cable to the Atlas IT and the other end to the Atlas IT Terminator and press the test button. Within seconds, the Atlas IT will analyse the full connection pattern between one end of the cable and the other end. It then instantly identifies the cable type (based on the connection pattern) and displays this on it's easy-to-read green-mode display.
The Atlas IT now features an enhanced cable library, enabling the intelligent identification of cable configuration, such as: "Straight-Through Patch Cables", "Crossover Cables", "Token Ring Cables", "Ethernet Economiser Adapters" and many more.
If any problems in the cabling are detected, such as shorted, swapped or missing connections, then the Atlas IT will clearly identify these on it's display, showing exactly which connections require attention.
- Automatic identification of cable configuration: Straight-Throughpatch (4, 6 and 8 way types), Crossover (several types), TokenRing, Cisco Twisted, Ethernet Economisers and many more.
- Identification of fault types including missing/broken wires,shorted wires and swapped wires.
- Display of standard wiring colours.
- Compatible with optional identified terminators, great for multiplecable runs.
- Protected against voltages present on live voice and data systems.
- Supplied with 2 miniature terminators, ideal for tight spaces.
- Clear and user-friendly scrollable display.
- Spare battery, ethernet chart and comprehensive illustrated user guide supplied.
- Full-colour cable configuration chart for 8 most common cable configurations now included in user guide.
- 2 x 300mm Patch cables for socket and patch panel testing.
- Padded carry case with extra space for accessories.