The Peak Atlas DCA55 is a portable multifunctional semiconductor analyser.
A fresh approach to component analysis has resulted in the fantastic Peak Atlas DCA, an intelligent, slim and invaluable tool. A world of detailed component data has never been so accessible.
Just connect your component any way round and press the test button. The Atlas DCA will then present you with detailed component information in concise, easy to read, scrollable pages. The displayed information will include: the component type, special component features, component pinout, and measured parameters (such as gain, leakage current, gate threshold voltages, volt drops etc...). No more searching through data books and catalogs in order to identify components and pinouts, the Atlas DCA does it all.
It doesn't matter how you connect the test clips to the component, the Atlas DCA can analyse a vast number of different component types including bipolar transistors, enhancement mode MOSFETs, depletion mode MOSFETs, Junction FETs (only gate pin identified), low power thyristors and triacs (less than 5mA trigger and hold), diodes, multiple diode networks, LEDs, bi-colour and tri-colour LEDs. It will even identify special component features such as diode protection and shunt resistors in transistors. For two-leaded components such as diodes and LEDs, any pair of test clips can be applied to the component any way round, the Atlas DCA sorts it all out for you.
- Connect any way round.
- Automatic component type identification.
- Automatic pinout identification.
- Transistor gain measurement.
- MOSFET gate threshold measurement.
- PN junction characteristics measurements.
- Leakage current measurement.
- Auto power on and power off.
- Ultra-slim and compact design.
- Transistors (Germanium and Silicon).
- Junction FETs (only gate pin identified).
- Low power thyristors and triacs.
- LEDs (including bicolour types).
- Diodes and diode networks.
|Peak test current into S/C||-5.5mA||5.5mA||1|
|Peak test voltage across O/C||-5.1V||5.1V||1|
|Measurable transistor gain range (HFE)||4||65,000||2|
|Transistor gain accuracy (for HFE<1000)||-3%-5 HFE||+3%+5 HFE||2,9|
|Transistor VBE accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%+20mV||9|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification||0.9V||3|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification (shunted)||0.8V||4|
|Acceptable transistor VBE||1.8V|
|Base-emitter shunt resistance threshold||60k|
|Transistor collector-emitter test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|Acceptable transistor collector leakage||1.0mA||6|
|MOSFET gate threshold range||0.1V||5.0V||5|
|MOSFET gate threshold accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%-20mV||5|
|MOSFET drain-source test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|MOSFET minimum acceptable gate resistance||8k|
|Thyristor/Triac gate test current||4.5mA||7|
|Thyristor/Triac load test current||5mA|
|Diode test current||5mA|
|Diode forward voltage accuracy||-2%-2mV||+2%+2mV|
|VF threshold for LED||1.50V|
|Short circuit detection threshold||10 ohms|
|Battery type||GP23A 12V Alkaline|
|Battery voltage range||7.50V||12V|
|Battery voltage warning threshold||8.25V|
|Inactivity power-down period||30 secs|
|Dimensions (excluding test leads)||103 x 70 x 20 mm|
|Operating temperature range||0°C||50°C||8|
- Between any pair of test clips.
- Collector current of 2.50mA.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter > 60k.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter < 60k.
- Drain-source current of 2.50mA.
- Collector-Emitter voltage of 5V.
- Thyristor quadrant 1, Triac quadrants I and III.
- Subject to acceptable LCD visibility.
- BJT with no shunt resistors.