QTR-HD-02RC Reflectance Sensor Array: 2-Channel, 4mm Pitch, RC Output
This array of IR LED/phototransistor pairs is great for precisely identifying changes in reflectance (like line detection). It operates from 2.9 V to 5.5 V and offers dimmable brightness control independent of the supply voltage. In general, the closer the object, the higher the contrast between light and dark readings, but high-reflectance objects are generally detectable out to around 30 mm. This version features the traditional-style QTR sensors without lenses.
These reflectance sensors feature a linear array of infrared emitter/phototransistor pair modules in a high-density (4 mm pitch) or medium-density (8 mm pitch) arrangement, which makes them well suited for applications that require detection of changes in reflectivity. This change in reflectivity can be due to a color change at a fixed distance, such as when sensing a black line on a white background, as well as due to a change in the distance to or presence of an object in front of the sensor. A variety of sensor counts and densities is available so you can pick the ideal arrangement for your application. Since the outputs are all independent, you can connect just some of the channels to attain an irregular or non-standard sensor spacing.
- Dimensions: 10.2 × 20.0 × 2.5 mm (see the dimension diagram (1MB pdf) for more details)
- Operating voltage: 2.9 V to 5.5 V
- Sensor type: QTR
- Sensor count: 2
- Sensor pitch: 4 mm
- Full-brightness LED current: 30 mA (independent of supply voltage)
- Max board current: 32 mA
- Output format: digital I/O-compatible signals that can be read in parallel as timed high pulses
- Optimal sensing distance: 5 mm
- Maximum recommended sensing distance: 30 mm
- Weight: 0.6 g