With the Parallax PBASIC1/P Build your own BASIC Stamp 1 with this through-hole (DIP) interpreter chip and other standard parts.
All the control and ease of programming that you have grown to appreciate in the BASIC Stamp 1 module (#BS1-IC) is available with this chip and a few other components. Recommended for high volume applications or those with limited PCB real estate, the BASIC Stamp 1 interpreter chip can be used on your own PCB as an OEM solution.
The three main components needed to build your own BASIC Stamp 1 are: 1) this PBASIC Interpreter Chip, 2) an EEPROM, 3) and a resonator; see Related Products.
We also offer the interpreter chip in a surface mount package (#PBASIC1XT/SS).
- Small footprint for OEM PCB design
- Easily replaceable if socketed into PCB
- Completed circuit is programmed in PBASIC 1.0, an easy to learn language based on BASIC
- Interpreter chip is preprogrammed with the BASIC Stamp 1 Interpreter firmware
- Processor Speed: 4 MHz; ~2,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package Type: 18-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 8
- Voltage requirements: 2.5 to 5.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 1 mA Run, 25 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 0.898 x 0.313 x 0.130 in (22.8 x 7.94 x 3.30 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Note: The 18-pin DIP package of this chip has a different pinout than the 20-pin SSOP package; pay close attention to the package shown in schematics and refer to Microchip datasheet for PIC16C56A for pinout information.