16 RPM HD Premium Planetary Gear Motor w/Encoder
- Output Shaft Style: D-shaft
- Motor Type: Brushed DC
- Output Shaft Support: Dual Ball Bearings
- Gear Material: brass primary, nylon secondary, steel tertiary
- Weight: 13.5 oz (382g)
- Voltage (Nominal): 12V
- Voltage Range (Recommended): 6V - 12V
- Speed (No Load @ 12VDC): 16 rpm
- Current (No Load @ 12VDC): .54A
- Current (Stall @ 12VDC): 20A
- Torque (Stall @ 12VDC):5805 oz-in (418 kgf-cm)
- Gearbox Style: Planetary
- Connector Type: PH Series JST 6-pin Connector (2mm Pitch)
- Encoder: Cycles Per Revolution (Motor Shaft): 12
- Encoder: Countable Events Per Revolution (Output Shaft): 24,750.24
- Gear Ratio: 515.63:1
- Encoder Type: Relative, Quadrature
- Encoder Sensor Type: Magnetic (Hall Effect)
- Encoder Sensor Input Voltage Range: 2.4 - 26V
- Encoder Sensor Output Pulse Amplitude: ~= Sensor Input Voltage
The pulse amplitude of the encoder’s output square wave signal is dependent on the voltage you supply the sensor. For example, if you provide 5V to Sensor Voltage +, then Channels A & B will have a pulse amplitude of 5V.
To enhance the resolution, the encoder is attached to the motor before the gearbox.
Gear train damage can occur if stalled (locked).