WSM17102 Metal Detector DIY Assembly Kit
To come up against an electric cable while drilling a hole in a wall can have catastrophic consequences. Likewise, drilling into gas, water pipes or central heating pipes can be extremely hazardous. With a handy metal detector it can now be determined beforehand whether there are metal objects to be found in a wall, ceiling or floor. An LED indicates if a metal object is in the vicinity.
- avoid disasters when drilling holes in walls
- locate pipes, cables, metal studs, etc.
- great project for novices
- your own unique application
- push button operation
- metal detecting distance adjustable: up to 8cm (3.15")
- power supply: 9V battery (not incl.)
- LED indication
- 12VDC-buzzer connection (buzzer not included)
- dimensions: 56 x 64mm (2.2" x 2.5")
If you experience difficulties with the calibration of the unit (i.e. if the LED doesn't turn off, when there isn't any metal present), replace C1 with a ceramic 1.2nF (122) capacitor. This behavior is due to a spread on the component values and differences created when winding the coils.
For anyone wanting an audible signal, space is provided on the print for connecting a buzzer type SV4/12-S.
The small PCB has been specially designed to be incorporated into the separately available casing type G407: Molded Project Box- DARK GREY - 120 x 60 x 30 mm.