Flexible Encapsulation Potting Compound Black Epoxy, 2 bottle kit
832FX potting and encapsulating compound is a flexible, black, two-part epoxy that offers extreme environmental, mechanical and physical protection for printed circuit boards and electronic assemblies. This product is designed for applications where minimizing the physical stress on components is critical. It is also good in low temperature and arctic environments, as well as applications that involve temperature cycling or rapid temperature changes. It provides the functionality of silicone, but with the durability and cost- effectiveness of epoxy.
Due to its very low mixed viscosity, it can easily penetrate small gaps and cavities. It also provides excellent electrical insulation and protects components from static discharges, vibration, abrasion, thermal shock, environmental humidity, salt water, fungus, and many harsh chemicals.
This epoxy has a convenient 1:1 volume mix ratio, making it compatible with most dispensing equipment. 832FX can be cured at room temperature or higher.
- Very flexible and low modulus
- Convenient 1A:1B volume mix ratio
- Very low mixed viscosity of 700 cP
- Good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics, and many plastics
- Excellent electrical insulating characteristics
- Extreme resistance to water and humidity (allows for submersion where needed)
- Working life @22 °C [72 °F] 2.5 hours
- Shelf life 5 years