The 28032 Wide Angle PIR Sensor is ideal in applications where users need to track movements across a large, open area.
Similar in functionality to the PIR Sensor (#555-28027), the Wide Angle PIR Sensor features a larger detection angle of 180˚. The Wide Angle PIR Sensor is a pyroelectric device, and it detects motion by sensing changes in the infrared levels emitted by surrounding objects. When motion is detected, the Wide Angle PIR Sensor outputs a high signal on its output pin.
- 180˚ detection angle for widespread motion detection
- Detects movement up to 30 ft away
- User-selectable "night-time mode" for detecting motion in decreased lighting conditions
- Adjustable sensitivity to tune for different operating conditions
- 4-pin SIP package perfect for breadboard-friendly projects
- Small size and mounting holes for easy concealment
- Motion-activated nightlight
- Alarm system
- Holiday animated props
- Voltage requirements: 3.0 to 6.0 VDC
- Current requirements: 150 uA idle, 3 mA active (no load)
- Communication: Single-bit high/low output
- Dimensions: 1.42 x 1.42 x 0.79 in (36.0 x 36.0 x 20.2 mm)
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C)